Admins have the ability to create Self Reflections through the "Admin Settings" interface. This is a fairly quick and painless process as outlined below.
Setting up your cycle
Click on "Admin Settings" and then "Self Reflections". Once you've navigated to the Self Reflection dashboard click "..." to create. Follow the steps outlined in the creation flow to finish setting it up.
- Name and date (n.b. employees will see the name). You can set the dates and time zones accordingly. Employees can submit self reflections until you end the cycle, so the end date helps to trigger email reminders to them (see more below).
- Add questions: Customize questions for your employees or use our default ones. All questions will be required for an employee to submit. You can choose to set up "Manager Prompts," which are a way to help guide managers on how to respond to self reflections.
- Assign employees: You can select which employees you would like to be added to this specific cycle.
Available Question Types:
- Multiple Choice - Gives you the option to create a multiple choice question that doesn't have a numeric rating associated with it.
- Ratings - Gives you the option to create a ratings question with up to 5 choices. The lowest is scored 1 while the top choice is scored as a 5.
- Open Response - Freeform open text area with some rich text editing capabilities.
Tip: When creating your Self Reflection, to get a 'draft', finish creating it with a future date set, then go back and edit the questions.
Self Reflections Features
- Name and dates: You can edit the start date until that date has passed. You can change the end date as needed. The name can be edited at any time (n.b. it will be visible to employees).
- Questions: You may edit the questions until the start date of the self reflection has passed. Then you may only view the questions.
- Employees: At any point you can update which employees are included (i.e. remove or add an employee to the cycle), even in the middle of the cycle. If you remove someone and they had started it, then add them back, their responses will still be saved.
- Close/Open a Self Reflection: This gives you the ability to re-open a live Self Reflection cycle, or close an open one. A closed status means that no one can submit a Self Reflection. If it's open, even if the due date has passed, employees still have the ability to submit them.
- Export Self Reflection: This gives you access to all Self Reflection data including responses in a CSV format sent directly to your email.
- Add Self Reflections on behalf of people: This gives you the ability to paste in Self Reflections on behalf of people while a cycle is closed or open. This is only available if the Self Reflection hasn't been submitted yet.
Employees will only receive an in-app To Do list item when the cycle opens. Zugata does not send out the initial communication emails. This allows admins to provide the correct messaging and context for how they'd like to frame the Self Reflection Cycle.
Zugata sends automated email reminders to complete self reflections if they have not been completed seven days before the due date, then subsequently three, two, and one day before the due date. Reminders are not sent if the Self Reflection if it has been completed.
Reviewing self reflection progress
When open a cycle that's in session, you'll have access to view the self-reflection and see completion rates. You can also see if managers have read self reflections and how many of them left comments on these self reflections.